12.07.2009

Giving is Awesome! Back again...


Well, it's that time of year again for the Giving is Awesome event! Last year, I heard about a photographer who wanted to start a movement, to give custom photography to those in need, and spread a bit of cheer and joy into their lives. I jumped on board, and had such a great personal experience with it. I met some truly wonderful people that just had some hard knocks. Life is full of ups and downs, and it was so fun to be one of the "ups" for the families I did work for. So, I've been thinking all year about this month, and about this contest. I actually debated not doing it publicly. Partly because the hardest part was having to pick just one family out of the entries, and partly because sometimes I prefer doing acts of service without the recognition. It creates more personal growth for me. However, the "Giving is Awesome" contest is a national movement, and the goal of the founders is to give away $1 million this year. Movements like this are like avalanches, and I love that. It starts with one small stone and the momentum builds slowly, but before long, your affecting so many people. If your a photographer, please consider doing this yourself and tell all of your photographer friends. Tis the season...

So, here is how it will work with AFP this year. If you know someone who is in need, and can't afford custom photography, but would love it. Email me a quick note about them, and why you think they deserve to win, and I will be selecting one family who will receive a free session, and $200 in prints with me, a $400 value, plus I'll throw in an extra big goodie as a surprise. I'm looking for anyone that has suffered. Be it financially, be it through an illness, a loss, or whatever other curve ball that life has thrown their way. Please comment below, and then also email me their story. Isn't giving awesome? Pass it on...

My email: amy@amyfraughtonphotography.com

No comments: